With everything going contactless this pandemic, the one technological aspect whose usage has comparatively increased are the QR codes. Whether it be going out for food, recharging or doing payments, the usage of QR codes have increased drastically leading to a rise of QR code pictures all over the country.
Table of Contents
What are QR Codes?
QR codes or Quick Response Codes is a matrix barcode invented by Denso Wave in 1994. It is a machine readable optical label containing information about the items. They contain data for a locator, identifier or a tracker that opens up to a particular website or application. In order to store data efficiently and securely QR code has four standardized modes including numeric, alphanumeric, binary and kanji.
The earlier purpose of QR codes was to track vehicles during manufacturing and enable high speed scanning. By 2011, 14 million American scanned the QR codes with 39% scanning at retail stores and 58% from the comfort of their homes.
How to use QR Codes?
As compared to the standard UPC barcodes, these have faster readability and storage capacity. They majorly contain of squares arranges on a white background that can be read easily by camera of your mobile phone. After the scanning, the required data can be easily extracted opening into a window with a website or an application.
Uses Of QR Codes
QR codes are now being used for a number of purposes concentrating mainly on consumer advertising.
- A smartphone acts as a QR code scanner by scanning the bar codes and converting it into useful information to open up into websites or apps.
- It provides a way to access the brand’s website quickly by scanning the URL and hence ensures advertising strategy.
- It increases conversion rates.
- It helps in commercial banking, transports ticketing, in store purchases and many more.
- It provides you the personal information of an organization quickly.
- QR codes can be seen widely in magazines or on cards and passports containing the information of a particular person or organization.
- It enables contactless transactions.
- It has been incorporated for currency usage.
It is so amazing how a small URL can help you with providing maximum information at just one tap. Many restaurants have also started scanning their menus at just one scan.
Stay connected with Eve Donus Film for more latest updates.