Johnny Depp born on 9 June, 1963 is an American producer, actor and musician. He is known for his amazing acting in movies like Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape , Benny and Joon , Dead Man , Donnie Brasco and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas , Pirates of the Caribbean and many more. He is also famous for his 37 tattoos that signify a part of his life.
Table of Contents
Johnny Depp Lily Rose Tattoo
Johnny Depp has a total of 37 tattoos on his body that includes tattoos from his past, present and children. He has a wide range of tattoo including the Number 3, The Brave Movie Symbol, Supremacism Triangle, WINO FOREVER, Betty Sue, Cherokee Tribe and many more. The most known among these being the lily rose tattoo.
Lily Rose Tattoo
Johnny Depp got inked in 1999 by tattoo artist Jonathan Shaw. The tattoo read “Lily Rose”, that is the name of Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis ‘s daughter. He got the tattoo after the birth of his daughter on May 27, 1999. The tattoo was inked on left side of his chest that signifies that his daughter is in his heart always and how the birth of Lily was a life changing experience for him.
In an interview he describes that “When Lily-Rose arrived, you know it was sorta like . . . boom! You hit the pavement and it’s strong beneath you and suddenly you realize, ‘Ah, that’s what it’s for. That’s why you care about integrity or doing things without compromise. It’s for that. It’s for her.”
While most oh his tattoos are inked after the woman in his life here are some of the other tattoos he has with their significance:
- Cherokee Tribe that is in honour to his Indian culture.
- Betty Sue on his left arm in memory of his mother.
- WINO FOREVER for his ex girlfriend Winona Ryder.
- Question Mark with a tiny cross on his right leg same as his tattoo artist.
- Silence Exile Cunning that is a quote from the book ‘A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man’.
- His Grandfather’s and his Mother’s portrait.
- Gonzo Fist for his friend Hunter S. Thompson who started Gonzo journalism.
- Rook tattoo based on a card game
- Snake tattoo in honour of his American roots and adoption in Comanche Nation.
Stay connected with Eve Donus Film for more latest updates.